Hi there! I’m Mark Blankenship, Theatre Development Fund’s Online Content Editor and the captain of the zany ship we call the Theatre Dictionary. Welcome aboard. Perhaps you’re wondering why this dictionary exists. Why are we creating short, playful videos that define theatre slang? Why are we collecting them on a reference website? Why?!?
January 4, 2016 - 0 Comments
November 16, 2015 - 0 Comments
September 28, 2015 - 0 Comments
September 1, 2015 - 0 Comments
July 2, 2015 - 0 Comments
acting audience audition back stage blog broadway costumes cues dancer design devised theatre directing F*It Club fourth wall ghost light house left house right in the audience legend metatheatrical musical new york neo-futurists off stage on stage performing playwriting rehearsal rehearsals rehearsing rigged costumes singer soho rep stage left stage manager stage right strike tdf theatre theatre 101 theatre development fund theatre dictionary theatre tech theatre terms tickets tkts
- Just a year ago, we were preforming "Little Shop of Horrors", and I decided to test it on the last n ...
- The lead, who is a brilliant improviser, threw in a one-line gag and saved the whole thing. A few ...
- Hi Robert -- Oops indeed! Hope the show didn't get thrown too far off track!
- Hi Wes -- Hopefully this will help. These are the first two paragraphs from the essay about Deus Ex ...
- why do they call the stage "deus" i can't find an answer for this i know what Deus Ex Machina means ...